Environmental Sampling Supply
5035 Soil Sampling TOOLS
|Core N' One
|Lock N' Load
ESS LOCK N’ LOAD™ HANDLES & SYRINGES
The easiest way to collect undisturbed, measured soil cores for field preservation techniques for EPA Method 5035.
- Handle locks at 5 and 10 gram settings with one easy turn
- Beveled-edge syringe is stronger then cut syringes and fits in the neck of 40 mL glass vials neck of 40 mL glass vials
- Turn handle and push to dispense soil into the vial.
- Soil dispensing is done without having to remove the syringe
- Strong, accurate, easy and economical
Lock N’ Load™ Handles and Syringes can also be used in the lab. Great for subsampling from brass sleeves or soil jars to 40 mL vials for auto-sampler extraction.
||Quantity per Case
||LOCK N' LOAD 5035 SOIL HANDLE
||LOCK N' LOAD 5035 SOIL SYRINGE
||5 GRAM SOIL CORE
SAMPLE KIT (includes items below)
2 4039-5035-PC VIALS
1 LL5035SRNG (LL5035HNDL SOLD SEPERATELY)
||CORE N' ONE CAPSULE
||CORE N' ONE HANDLE
ESS LOCK N’ LOAD™ HANDLE & SYRINGE INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE/S.O.P.
- Insert Lock N’ Load™ Syringe into Lock N’ Load™ Handle at base opening. Turn the locking portion of the syringe into the 0 gram setting.
- Remove end cap from the Lock N’ Load™ Syringe.
- Position the Lock N’ Load™ Handle to the desired soil sample volume (5 or 10 grams).* To do this, slide the slot portion of the handle down the fitted track, then turn the handle 1/4 turn to the right at the desired setting.
- Push the syringe into the soil until the plunger portion of the syringe makes contact with the base of the Lock N’ Load™ Handle.
- Transfer the soil from the syringe into a 40 mL vial** by turning the Lock N’ Load™ Handle 1/4 turn to the left (back to the fitted track) and pushing down.
- Cap the vial and store the sample at 4° C until time of analysis.
- USEPA Method 5035 recommends 5 grams of soil for low level analysis (with 5 mL of sodium solution) and 10 grams of soil for medium to high level analysis (with 10 mL of methanol). Sample amounts and preservative types may vary between regulatory agencies.
- The beveled edge of the Lock N’ Load™ Syringe is designed to fit perfectly into ESS’ 40 mL vials.